Thursday, December 15, 2011

Light it up

Project of the day:

I'm having a holiday party for the ladies I work with this Sunday and I wanted to have some tea lights up on the window ledges to add a cozy feel to the big apartment. I found the perfect pin for making some cheap tea light holders:
I grabbed four little glasses for 50 cents at a local thrift store :
 With a few cutouts of painters tape I came up with a few basic designs:

 I painted a simple layer of white acrylic paint over all the designs and let them dry for a few hours:

 (oh, and all the candy is leftover gingerbread house candy..)

I removed the tape and was left with these:
 And at night, all lit up:
 They're perfect on the ledge with the other winter decorations!

I can't wait to have these out for the party this weekend.. or every night for that matter- it makes the whole wall glow!


Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...