Tuesday, September 4, 2012

GRAPEFRUIT MARGARITA

We have been having a heat wave here in Wisconsin. 
All I want is fall to come, and all the Midwest wants is more 90 degree days. 

Fine. Be that way. What do you do when you're cranky about it being hot out? You make margaritas, my friends. 
Now, before we go forward let me say this:
I'm not claiming this to be some ground-breaking, crazy new, insanely wild margarita recipe. It's just a basic, delicious, grapefruit margarita.So no sass about that, okay? Good.
What you'll need to make it happen:
3.5 ounces fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
1.5 ounces silver tequila
1 ounce triple sec
squeeze of fresh lime juice
splash of lemon-lime soda
lots o' ice
salt or sugar rim: optional
lime & grapefruit to garnish

How to make it happen:
Step 1: Um, mix it all together, duh.
 Michael and I enjoyed these the other night on our  tiny balcony. Of course, let's be real: we upgraded from the low-ball glasses to these:

Are you a margarita fan? Have a fancy recipe I should try?
Do share, friends!

xo, lp

5 comments:

  1. How tasty!! I'm not a fan of grapefruit juice by itself but this looks very yummy!! Now if I could have alcohol on this here crazy ass diet I'm on - I'd be all over this! Hope you enjoyed your 3 day weekend and have a lovely SHORT week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sass here, I just want one NOW and it's Tuesday at 2:21 PM. Is that bad?? Nope, I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That looks delish, why isn't it the weekend yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing!! I definitely want one right now. I've been on a margarita kick lately, I had a blood orange one on Friday at a new mexican place. sooo good.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely YUM. wish you lived closer so we could sip on them together ;) xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...