It's summer, which means it's mojito season!
Normally I stick to beer, wine, and whiskey- but come summertime I can absolutely break those rules for a delicious, refreshing, slightly fruity drink. Not that a classic mojito isn't great or anything, but like most good recipes: I used what I had around- which in this case was oranges instead of limes, and ginger ale instead of sprite or soda water.
And thus, the orange ginger mojito was born:
What you'll need:
1/2 can ginger ale
2 ounces white rum
1 ounces triple sec
1/2 an orange, sliced
8-10 mint leaves
2 teaspoons sugar (or simple syrup)
lots of ice + fun straws
How to make it happen:
1. Muddle a slice of orange with your sugar and mint.
2. Add your ice, triple sec, and rum.
3. Transfer into another glass or cover and shake to mix up your mint leaves.
4. Add another slice of orange and top with ginger ale.
5. Garnish with some mint & a slice of orange, and enjoy!
Everything is better in a mason jar, right?
...so do fun straws!
What's your favorite new summer cocktail?
Find more of mine here on Pinterest!