Tuesday, March 18, 2014

TAKE A SIP: NOT-SO KIDDIE COCKTAIL

Today's post is the easiest- but sometimes the simplest are the best, ya know?

I grew up loving Kiddie Cocktails- some of my favorite memories of my grandpa were hanging out with him at the country club drinking ENDLESS kiddie cocktails. I mean endless. Grandparents are great at spoiling their grandkids, right?
What you need to make it happen:
-  1/2 ounce grenadine
- 1.5 ounces cherry vodka
- Sprite
- Maraschino cherries

How to Make it Happen:
Um, put the grenadine. vodka, and sprite in a cup. Garnish with cherries. Boom. 

If you like it extra sweet, add more grenadine. You can never go wrong with grenadine!

I don't even think maraschino cherries are real food- but I don't care. Damn they're good.

Do you have a go-to easy cocktail?
I know, you can laugh at kiddie cocktails- but if you haven't had one in the last 20 years...give one another try!

xo, lp


7 comments:

  1. I love adult shirley temples, I call them dirty shirley's! They are so yummy. Thanks for sharing.
    xo,
    Dana Kay
    danakay16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! i've heard them called dirty shirleys before too- love the name!!

      Delete
  2. I always called mine not-so-kiddie cocktails in college. I have a supreme hankerin' for grenadine now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I was obsessed with kiddie cocktails during my pregnancy so I'm LOVING this souped up adult version! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...