It's the first official installment of PIN-A-WEEK! I know, I know, you're all really excited. Please, contain yourselves. This week's creation comes from this pin:
I made a few adjustments to the recipe- mainly because we didn't have a few things (I guess I'll need to add thyme to our grocery list next week..)-but overall, I'm completely happy with how it turned out.
1 pre-made pie crust
2 lbs onions (about 4 smallish onions)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten with 2 tbsp water
2 1/2 ounces feta cheese
1 ounce swiss-gruyere mixed cheese
2. Chop up the onions into thin slices and toss into a skillet or wok with the olive oil, pepper, salt, and parsley. Allow to cook for around 20 minutes.
3. Roll out pie crust on a tinfoil lined baking sheet. Sprinkle feta in the center of the crust, leaving 1 1/2 inches around the outer edge
4. Top the feta with the onion mixture, and sprinkle with swiss-gruyere mix.
5. Fold and pleat the crust over the mixture. Eggwash the outer crust, and sprinkle with pepper and salt.
6. Put in the oven for around 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes, and enjoy!
|Your onions will start out looking like this..|
|....and end up looking like this|
|Before the oven...|
|...and after the oven|
Hope you all can try it- and stay tuned for the next PIN-A-WEEK!