Thursday, February 9, 2012

V-Day guest post #4: {a simple affair}

Oh folks, it's the last of the wonderful V-day guest post series. I know, I know, you're all sad about it too. Don't fret, we're going out with a bang kids.
The lovely and talented Carly is here to share some perfect Valentine's get ups, and she has positively outdone herself. Carly and I went to college together, and the strange and fun blogging world has brought us back together- great stuff, no? Somehow I've managed to mention her fashionable and witty blog often, but have never had her do a guest post- which is beyond ridiculous because it would do me some good to get her fashion advice more often. Enough of my babbling, check our her awesome outfit ideas:
----------------------------------------------------------

Why hello B&B readers!  Carly here from {a simple affair}.  I was so flattered when Laura asked me to guest post in her amazing Valentine's Day series.  I think I could actually talk about how cool Laura is for days.  However, I know I'm limited on space, so we'll just say she's my daily DIY/recipe/everything inspiration. 

Today I'm bringing you three different Valentine's Day outfits.  Now, this was tricky because I know some ladies love to wear pops of red + pink on Valentine's Day, while others may think it's cheesy.  I personally don't go all out red and pink, but do prefer a little pop of color somewhere.  I created two "little _______ dress" outfits and the last outfit can be mixed and matched however you so choose.

Classic Glam
Valentine's Day
mix and match


Outfit One: blouse // pants // flats
Outfit Two: blouse // pants // flats
Outfit Three: sweater // cropped pant // flats

Remember-you can always swap pieces from one outfit to another! These outfits are not set in stone.  I just had to incorporate three polka dot tops though because I love the pattern dearly at the moment.

How dressed up will you be getting this Valentine's Day? Do you like to wear red and pink? Give me the details, ladies! I would personally love nothing more than to be in outfit number 2 on this Valentine's Day. I also think I love the Little Red Dress (LRD) as much as the LBD.

Thanks again for having me, Laura! Happy Valentine's Day to you and the Beard! xo

------------------------------------
I know what you're all thinking, and NO, I didn't pay her to say any of those nice things. We just happen to be pretty great friends, what can I say? Thanks for the impeccable outfits Carly, I will absolutely be taking the cozy night in approach..now I just need to find a good polka dot sweater! 

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh first time to your blog, its precious! LOVE Carly's picks, she is a sweetheart isn't she?

    xoxo
    eileen
    www.acreativedayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love all of Carly's picks!
    So glad to have found your blog! I'm now following :)
    fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I bring those outfits home with me? Just asking! I die for an lbd but since I'll be sitting at home eating chocolates the polka dots would be better for me! haha. Thanks Laura! Carly has such awesome taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those red zara pumps are incredible! love the polka dots with the colored denim as well!
    itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfits! I especially love the heels! Glad I found your blog : )
    a dash of GLAM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE that little black dress. And those blouses are beautiful too! Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't agree more about polka-dots, they're everywhere right now! Great outfits, Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well don't we just have a little love fest going on :) Thank you so very much for having me today! It was about time I was over here. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would gladly wear every single one of these outfits, great job Carly!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...