Monday, April 8, 2013

55 DEGREES? THAT'S SHORTS WEATHER!

Oh geez. 
Do you ever have one of those weekends that REALLY feels like a weekend? You weren't rushed, or working from home. You weren't too busy or bogged down with chores. Come Sunday night you feel refreshed and ready for the week ahead.

That was this weekend for me. It was the perfect balance of time with friends, family, and Michael. I even went to the gym twice. Boom. Champion.

Here's what's been up lately:

Word on the street is the weather is going to turn nasty again, so I'm getting in springy clothes while I can!


I came home from work the other day and Michael had gotten home early and cleaned the apartment & bought a bouquet of gorgeous flowers. He's a keeper, folks:


This weekend we did one of my favorite things: blow up the air mattress and put it in the living room with all of our blankets. Saturday night we watched a movie and Sunday afternoon we took cat naps and watched some hockey. Best. Idea. Ever.

In Michael's cleaning escapade he cleaned off our coffee table, which is usually overly cluttered with mail, books, cups, and other random things. I took the time to put out some of my favorite items to spruce it up. I give it about 2 days to stay this nice looking...


Sunday was GORGEOUS. We decided to walk around downtown Madison and a local tea shop had this sign outside:

It's true! There were people wearing shorts! 
We also walked around UW Madison campus (where we met-cue the "awww!")- and man I appreciate how gorgeous the buildings are so much more now that I'm not racing to class. 

 Finally, we had dinner at a restaurant I used to work at off the capitol square...and took the obligatory iPhone panorama of the empty square!

How was your weekend?
If you didn't camp out in your living room, I highly recommend it! 

xo, lp


** also- i'll be sharing my new favorite quinoa recipe tomorrow! quinoa is one of the worst looking, best tasting super foods- be sure to check back tomorrow! **

psssssssst: let's be instagram friends, shall we?
i'm @lpodlich- find me here!

9 comments:

  1. I had a similar weekend; the days were long and it felt so nice!
    It's ironic that 55 is shorts weather for y'all...out here in Southern California, that's scarf weather! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in such a rush to get into short weather. I'm in NY and we're kind of in the same boat. it was 55 and BEAUTIFUL this weekend.

    It's supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow though - can't wait!!

    http://shakesparkleroll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! I'm also in NY and yesterday was so beautiful if still a bit chilly! Loving the Kate Spade book. Visiting from the link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go to Madison now and I love walking home from class because that is when I stop and look at how beautiful everything is around me. Last week when it was nice out I left early for class, got an iced coffee, and walked from one end of campus to the other just to appreciate it :)

    leopardspot-theblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making me home sick for Madison!

    xo
    www.carlyonqueue.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. In San DIego, 55 is full blown winter!!!! But there are still crazies going surfing and whatnot :) Sounds like a lovely weekend!!! A staycation at home sounds awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camping out in your living room sounds like the best idea ever! and Michael is the best for cleaning...now if only Robert would do that hahaha. And do you like that Kate Spade book? I've had my eye on it for a while now!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I love that sign–it definitely is shorts weather! All of a sudden the weather got extremely nice around here (80 degrees today!). Hey, I'm not complaining!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit! Yes it's finally spring weather although it was 80 degrees in NYC yesterday so it felt more like summer. I'm not ready to wear shorts yet :/

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...