Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday's Fancies #58: Dots Done Right

I started writing this post and realized I sounded like a complete fool babbling about polka dots. 
Some people write deep, emotional, personal blog posts- and I'm legit talking about the fact that I like polka dots. ::sigh::

Welp, might as well run with it, right? Maybe you'll get a powerful tear-jerking post soon...but no promises.
-------

So here goes. Polka dots people. 
I like 'em. Feminine without being overly prissy. Easy to wear pattern.

Madewell always has an array of cheery dots, and these are some of my favorites at the moment:

 As you can see above I love me some polka dotted chambray- and this one is perfect for layering or wearing on it's own. Since I already have one of those guys, this minty subtle dotty button-down is next on my list!
Speaking of mint dots- these Keds kick ass. Everyone and their mother has a collaboration with Keds, and I love every single one of them. I've DIY-decorated my fair share of shoes and I might make these next...
Finally- the black and white polka dot. If you can't figure out pattern mixing- this stripes & dots shirt does it all for you. Boom. And if you're a purist- this linen racerback will layer well in spring and stand all alone in summer.

Anyone else writing shallow posts about patterns lately?
Share 'em. Or, tell me what your weekend plans are. Eiiiither way.

xo, lp



14 comments:

  1. Ha... I don't think I've devoted any posts to patterns lately, but I do love a polka dot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all your outfits, and such a cute roundup of Madewell goodies! And gushing over patterns is totally appropriate, I promise :)
    xx, Emily
    http://soanthro.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I have that chambray shirt. :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are NOT shallow!!! I love your fashion posts. They are my faves!!! You have impeccable style and taste...don't beat yourself up! :) And those Keds....oh.my.word!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love every single outfit you have shown - best style!! happy weekend, sweetie :)
    (p.s. check out my latest giveaway! http://thesadlows.blogspot.com/2013/04/giveaway-lorraine-tyne-jewelry.html)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Keds are awesome! Polka dots + mint + Madewell = perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are speaking my language lady. I love polka dots. I don't really understand people who say that they are a trend because they've been around forever, and they will never go away...at least if I have something to say about it!. I really love the chambray version!

    ReplyDelete
  9. girl, you wear polka dots oh-so-well! plus they're pretty classic so you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at all of this polka dot love on instagram!! Love it!! You have the cutest style!!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...