Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday's Fancies #5 BLOG SWAP

Happy Friday friends and followers! Today's guest post is from Julie of Run Dream Cook. If you're like me and desperately need inspiration to start running- check out her blog, it's amazing! So not to be redundant- I'll shut up and let Julie explain why she's here this week! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello there Beauty and the Beard readers! I'm Julie of Run Dream Cook, a fellow reader and lover of Laura's blog.

Laura and I are blog swapping today for this week's Friday Fancies! A couple weeks ago Alison of Long Distance Loving suggested that we do a blog swap as the theme for this week and I was super excited. She paired up the those of us who were interested and that's how I got here today! I'm a huge fan of Laura's blog and I'm super excited to be showing off my collection to her readers! Laura and I decided to ward of the "Winter Blues" this week. Laura chose to pick fabulous blue items that will add a beautiful pop of color to an otherwise dreary winter wardrobe while I chose to day dream about warmer days.

winter blues


I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to skincare and sun protection. I'm petrified of skin cancer and therefore I'm super neurotic about covering up. What better way to cover up than with a big floppy hat? I'd love this for a bright and sunny day outside.

 Dress - What's not to love about a perfect blue cotton sundress. During the spring and summer I live in skirts and dresses. I love the stripes on the top of this one!


Since it still is actually pretty chilly outside I thought I should include a way to keep a tiny bit warm and I loved the idea of adding a punch of bright color to the dress. The cardigan is also a perfect addition for night time during the summer.

Once I picked that cardigan, these Michael Kors sandals were a no brainer. I posted the same pair in silver a couple weeks ago, I'm just totally in love with them. Again, unfortunately they're jellies, which I'm generally not a huge fan of, but I couldn't find anything like these!

Perfect simple silver earrings. I love a tiny bit of shine with a casual outfit like this.



A fabulous pair of sunglasses are a must have summer accessory. I love these with the hint of blue in the lenses. Apparently I have a bit of a Michael Kors obsession this week.



I hope you like my outfit today! And don't forget to head over to my blog to check out Laura's gorgeous picks this week. I'm loving all the blue that's happening over there today!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much for the awesome post Julie, perfect blog swap partners, if I do say so myself!!!


*On another note---are there any Richmond bloggers that will be going to the Richmond Comedy Coalition "Richmond Famous" Show tonight? Fellow RVA bloggers Sherry and John from Young House Love are featured, and I'm going for a night of great improv comedy! PLEASE leave a comment or email me if you are, I'd love to meet you! You can find more on the event here.

11 comments:

  1. This outfit is adorable! I'd totally wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving navy and pink right now! Cute outfit! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that fun pink! Its so bright and fun. Pink and blue are one of my fav color combos.

    Have a awesome weekend!

    xoxo,
    Cher
    http://www.naptimeisthenewhappyhour.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg love love LOVE this outfit!!!
    Such a fabulous spring pick.

    xoxo
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is amazing! I've been loving nautical stripes and bright pink lately so this outfit just made me grin! xoxo, e

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveee the pink & navy together!! Such a pretty combination! Those jelly flipflops look amaaaazing. I want some!! :)

    Have a fabulous weekend!!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm kinda obsessed with all the cardigans i've been seeing on this week's friday's fancies. if i could fill an entire closet with cardis, i would! they are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it...especially that big floppy hat.

    Hope you're having a fabulous weekend,
    Nikell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that blue and pink look so nice together! Great job Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...