Scene: A girl is sitting outside with her lame, behind the times phone looking at all the people around her with fast, cool phones. The elderly have cooler phones, the school children have cooler phones, even a baby on his father's back has a cooler phone.
That's me. For the last 2 years I've had a phone that looks like a toy phone my 2 year old niece has. The 3 worst aspects:
1. Tiny buttons. I go to type "ever" and I get "ecvert". Oh, and the "a" doesn't really work...which makes my name go from "laura" to "lur". Super hip.
2. Freezing. I'm trying to save a photo and a text or call comes in = frozen screen. A removed and replaced battery later, we're good to go.
3. General lack of photo/internet/download/searching/etc ability. Anything my phone can do, yours can do better. I guarantee it.
Okay, enough complaining. New Year's resolution #1: less complaining.
My 2 year plan with Sprint was up which meant I got to upgrade my phone... and I am now a very happy owner of an HTC Evo Design 4G. It's light, it has a huge screen, it's fast, it's great. Carly over at A Simple Affair did a post about getting a new phone case for her iPhone...and it made me realize that I finally had a cool enough phone that manufacturers actually made pretty phone cases for. They don't make cases for tiny toddler phones, let me tell you.
I shopped around and ultimately decided to DIY something...and found so many great inspirations:
I met a woman at work the other day and her cousin makes these awesome phone cases (unfortunately not for my style of phone) at their shop called Libbie and Winston. Ah, monogram love:
2. Phone envelope rather than a case:
Love these DIY phone envelopes on DesignSponge
3. Ikat. Need I say more?
4. Abstract shapes- I love love love all the shading on this one- reminds me of paint chips...
Pssst- you can buy this here
5. Retro Love. Too bad I don't have an iPhone, this would be perfect! This amazing Esty shop called DIYCASE makes a million cool cases!
Visit their Etsy shop here
I'll either be ordering a white or clear case for the DIY try...stay tuned!