Thursday, June 14, 2012

Boudoir of the Day

A while back the lovely Landi had me do a guest post over on her blog for her "Boudoir of the Day" series. While purple is definitely not my first choice in colors, the creativity this lady used is just awesome!
------------------------------------------------
This bedroom looks nothing like mine does currently, or probably how it ever will, but I love it because of the owner's insanely creative use of wallpaper. This girl is a DIYers dream. From the artwork to the inside of her lamps- you can find stunning, statement making wallpaper that adds just the punch the room needs. If you go to the Better Homes & Gardens article you can see her whole apartment. I highly recommend it. 
[all photos are via bhg.com]
DIYed wallpaper art

DIYed wallpaper shelving cubes
DIYed wallpaper lampshade
statement wall
I'm madly in love with the wallpaper-inside-of-the-lamp idea. Genius! I've never even used wallpaper before because I'm scared I'd mess it up- but small DIY projects like hers make it seem so doable! 

What are your thoughts on wallpaper? DIY godsend or nightmare?
...because I realllly want to try that wallpaper lampshade!


xo, lp

3 comments:

  1. All my readers loved this guest post for Boudoir's of the Day! Thanks again for posting for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty room. I love all the pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of DIY wallpaper but it scares me to death that i would mess it up haha


    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    SideSmile Style Blog

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...