Sunday, June 17, 2012

Negativity & News

Happy Monday you incredibly attractive (I'm assuming) people.
I saw this the other day on Pinterest and realized I majorly needed to do this:
via
I'm a super sarcastic person- and I'm well aware that there's a fine line between heavy sarcasm and just downright negativity. As I mentioned in my "Things I'm Afraid to Tell You" post, I really am not a fan of living in the South. Richmond has a lot of historical and beautiful things about it- but we just don't...fit here. It's been that way since we got here- and after long enough of giving it the benefit of the doubt-


Michael and I have decided to move (again)!!

My day to day thoughts have become less and less sarcastic- and more just real unhappiness and annoyance with our current situation. Rather than whine- we've decided to be adults and make a change. We realize that at this point in our lives, the Midwest is where we're supposed to be.
I happen to work for an amazing company - and am moving to [hopefully!] attain a position at their headquarters. Where I'm at now just isn't fulfilling- and thus last week I put in my official two weeks notice. Michael has also decided to pursue grad school so he can become the studliest History teacher on the planet! #biased

We could not be more thrilled to get back to the energy and life in our favorite city back in Wisconsin- and are ready to move closer to the friends and family that have been such amazing supports while we've been out here. (Getting to see my adorable toddler niece grow up is a huge plus too!)

That being said- we'll be spending the next few weeks packing and doing all of our favorite RVA things...so sorry in advance for an Instagram overload. Before we go, we'll be taking a nice old New England road trip- hitting each and every state- so if any  DC/MD/NJ/DE/CT/RI/MA/ME/NH/VT/NY/PA bloggers have recommendations for great places to eat/see/stay- PLEASE. PLEASE send me an email [beautyandbeard@gmail.com]  or leave a comment. I would love your forever if you did. (Especially Boston or Providence Bloggers- we're hoping to be there for the 4th of July!!!)

We are beyond excited to see where this next chapter leads (cheeseball alert), and can't wait to take you all along with us!

Are you a New England Blogger?
Email me with suggestions of your favorite places to see/stay/eat/shop in your state!
[beautyandbeard@gmail.com]

XO,LP


pssssssssssst : If you're an RVA person and know anyone who wants to buy any furniture or home goods, contact me! We're selling everything- and it's all really new!

24 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you girl! I am sorry to hear that the last while has been tough for you and your hubby, that's not easy at all. But glad you are getting back to your routes! I would love to meet you before you go if it's at all possible :)

    xxA
    www.letitbebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for your news!! I just moved back to where MY family is and I'm so happy to be back "home." I'm really happy for you that you get to make the change to be where you need to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. I LOVE that quote at the top. I need to remember that more often. Sad that I didn't find your blog earlier and been able to meet up before you leave VA (or lure you down to NC). Enjoy the next two weeks. I look forward to taking the road trip with you. (I've ALWAYS wanted to do that..)

    xoxo
    t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, that is so exciting!!! We should seriously meet before you move! We are only 2 hours from each other :) Good luck with the move!!!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Sounds like you made a great decision. There's nothing like being close to family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the big move!! And welcome back to the Mid-West! Always happy to have another Mid-Western blogger :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are in for a real treat to be spending the fourth of July in Boston!! There are SO many fun things to do in this city. I'll try to put some things together in an e-mail and send it your way. How long will you be in Boston for? I don't want to overwhelm you with ideas!! :)

    ... on a serious note, kudos for you for standing up and deciding to make a positive change/move in your life. It takes a lot of courage to do something like that and I think the payoff in the end is going to be great. So much more happiness and fulfilment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im totally biased, but im SO excited for you to be back in Wisco! We must hang out please :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an exciting change! It sounds like it's what is best for you and your husband :) Good luck with packing and moving.. those happen to be my least favorite activities after doing them about 20 times in the past 5 years! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are in Boston for the 4th you HAVE to make it to the "mass ave bridge" and watch the fireworks over the Charles. I did it every year I lived in Boston and it was one of my favorite things to do! They put up speakers and play the Boston Pops during the fireworks and mostly ignore open container laws...Perfect July 4th evening!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such exciting news! I'm happy for you lady! I think I will need to send you an email with my list of places to hit up in my great state of NJ plus a few places in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I lived 25 years of my life in Pennsylvania and grew up less than an hour from both NY and NJ - I will happily offer suggestions if you let me know what parts you're thinking about going through! :)

    thebluehourfashion(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmmm... that is such a great quote. and good thing to remember, always. major kuddos for you for applying it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to move so bad! I've lived in LA my whole life. Yes, CA is beautiful and the weather is great but I want to experience something new! Good for you guys for moving :) You're traveling sounds amazing!

    Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Congratulations! Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in complaining about life when it can be easily changed. Not that deciding to pack up and move is EASY, but you know what I mean! That's awesome that you guys are able to do that. VA will miss you! It would be awesome to try and meet up before you leave but I know things are probably going to be crazy busy for you! If you come across a free day on a weekend let me know. :)

    Also--I grew up in PA, so depending on which part of the state you'll be passing through I might be able to help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey lady! I'm in Manhattan so pretty much everywhere is awesome :) Feel free to email kimberleevdw@gmail.com and let me know what you're looking for. Types of restaurants, what kind of neighborhoods, what sights you want to see. Happy to answer any questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awe, so happy for you guys!! I wish you were coming though Texas!! I am still jealous of you and Angela meeting up. Tweet me pictures! Pinky promise!! Cheers to new beginnings!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely sounds like you're making the right move at the right time and for the right reasons - good on you :)

    I am now officially following you on here and on Instagram - I ain't mad at ya for posting zillions of pictures...I'll be able to live vicariously through you as you tour my beloved East Coast!!

    Speaking of my beloved East Coast, not sure where you are now, but if you're going to be in DC soon, you must (must!!) check out Georgetown. It has everything you need to have a great time - shopping, dining, cupcakes, and did I say shopping? :)

    I highly recommend 55 Cafe or the Lighthouse Bakery for food/coffee.

    And if you're in the mood for cupcakes, you can taste-test Georgetown Cupcakes and Sprinkles Cupcakes (for the record, Sprinkles gets my vote)!!

    Have so much fun & good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...