Tuesday, May 28, 2013

BALLOONS LIKE UP, CUPCAKE WARS, AND CHEAP THRILLS

Whoa it's already Tuesday.

Hope you all spent the long weekend well- and had a chance to get outside! It was cold & rainy here the whole weekend, but I saw on Instagram  some of you had some nice sunny weather (jealous). 

Here's what's been going on lately:

The company I work for recently celebrated it's 50th year in business, so naturally they threw a big old party.   Here's them setting up in the atrium with hundreds of balloons (looks like UP, right??):
What kind of party did they throw, you ask? A CUPCAKE PARTY. Or rather, Cupcake Wars.
A bunch of employees submitted recipes- and over 60 across the company's 3 locations were allowed to make 50+ cupcakes to compete. I mean, you all know me well enough by now that you know I entered, right!?! 
I threw my salted caramel chocolate cupcakes in the ring and ended up winning one of the 3 prizes! Woo hoo!

 I'll be sharing the recipe for those on the blog tomorrow... but here's a sneak peek for ya. Hungry yet??

I took a little time this weekend to do some summer shopping, and hit the jackpot at Forever21. I tell ya, if you take the time to weed through the crap at that store, you really can find some good stuff! 
I found this AWESOME light chambray shirt dress, geo/aztec tank, floral lightweight maxi, and turquoise necklace for a total of about $60. And that necklace- kind of spikethepunch-esque right? But only $7, so a tiny fraction of the price and you don't have to wait months on end to get one!

So while I like having plenty of alone time, after living with Michael for the last couple years..I've become a total wimp staying home alone for a long period of time. Yes, go ahead and make fun of me, it's fine. I'm 25 and a baby. Michael was gone for 5 days camping up north MN without any service...and with it being a holiday weekend no.one.was.in.town. Gah. I may or may not have double locked and barricaded the door with a chair #oopsfirehazard.

Luckily I'm dating one cool dude who knew I'd be bummed out being in town alone, and did a few things to make me feel better, including a whole lotta flowers and Pitch Perfect (yes I'm a nerd).
 In addition- he left me notes ALL over the apartment. 
Makeup bag? Note. Under the pillow? Note. Kitchen? Note. Coffee table? Note.
Went to grab a mug for tea the first morning and found this one:
He'a a good one, folks.

And on that happy note, I'll stop babbling.

How did you spend the long weekend?
What are you waiting for? Go grab that turquoise necklace!

xo, lp




*pssssst: find me on Instagram here!

8 comments:

  1. It does look like UP! I watched that movie for the first time last week and totally bawled like a baby (sort of embarrassing, but whatever). Those notes are the SWEETEST. You got yourself a good one, lady ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! That is so sweet! He's most definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've such a baby and I hate staying by myself! I usually have my sister stay with me which is sad. I love all your shopping finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes look heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thank you so much, However I am having problems with your RSS.
    I don't know the reason why I am unable to join it. Is there anyone else getting identical RSS problems? Anybody who knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

    Take a look at my homepage plytki lazienkowe

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh gosh!This article is very beautiful, love the whole content thank you for sharing such articles.this website have such a great value of content.
    while mailing if there is any problem occurs then contactaol tech support for resolve that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m resharing this fun dessert recipe for Black Bottom Cheesecake Cupcakes today in honor of Valentine’s Day coming up next week. My mom used to make these all the time when I was growing up and until a few years ago, I hadn’t thought about them in a long time. I came across the recipe, which my Mimi used to call Girdle Snappers, in a recipe box and decided to make them. They were just as good as I remembered.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...