Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday's Fancies #9: Hollywood Glam

 Happy Friday friends and followers! This week {av} decided it was Oscar excitement time- and left it up to us whether we wanted to share an outfit we'd be wearing to watch the Oscars- or something we'd wear if we were actually going. Quite frankly, this year I'll probably be wearing leggings and an oversized sweatshirt bumming around the apartment- and that wouldn't be the most fun to see, now would it? 

   I love all the red, gold, and silver that comes out each year at the Oscars- especially the ladies that do it up in an old Hollywood glam fashion. I also am partial to the looks that feature a simple, elegant dress with a stunning necklace or pair of chandelier earrings. If I were to go to this gown-appropriate event, that's definitely the look I'd be rocking. As for color-navy for sure. I mean, navy is the new black, isn't it?? I'm hoping to see some navy stunners this year on the red carpet- and I am loving these four!
 1. Nightshade Blue Tulle -Mullberry/  Valentino Pleated Ombre/ Chandelier Earrings/ Kite Earrings
2. Mikael Aghal Strapless Crepe Dress/ Lanvin Pleated/ Tiffany & Co/ Harry Winston


Would you wear navy on the big night??

(oh, and make sure to stop by {long distance loving} for more great looks!)


14 comments:

  1. I LOVE that 1st dress!!! Beautiful picks :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love navy dresses! It reminds me of that fabulous dress Hillary Swank wore a few years ago. So gorgeous!

    xoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab choices! I will be in my leggings and sweatshirt, on the couch with popcorn, wishing I was as cool as everyone on the red carpet! ;)

    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the third one...but I like that the second one has hues of that more teal color! It really pops! I think navy is so classy :) I love any shade of blue; I have a royal blue number in my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh la la lady! I love those dresses!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Lanvin dress- it's so stunning with it's pleats. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those shades of deep blue!! I also posted about understated dresses and statement jewelry! Love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color of all these dresses!!! Haha but ya I will most likely be in sweats on Oscar night eating popcorn maybe? Who knows.. haha! Great finds! Have fun this weekend!! :)

    Nicole Rene

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the darker colors on all the dresses with the silver sparkle. The style is all very Grecian with the pleats, you'd look stunning on the Red Carpet! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Friday!
    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    twirlingclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love love love them!! i love the ombre look of that one dress. i think the dark teals and navys are the new black!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dress with shorter slip underneath and the long sheer fabric over it. Not that I have anything to wear it TO!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those hues! I'm a big pan of the second dress in the first box! Ahhh I'd snatch it in a second! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So hard to choose from all four. The funny thing is I love the navy and green combo. Needless to say, all can go into my closet, if I had the $!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab dresses!!! Love them all!! I have a giveaway on my blog so feel free to join it:)

    http://stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.com/2012/02/first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...