Monday, January 21, 2013

WHO KNEW RED LIPS WOULD CAUSE SUCH A COMMOTION!

I wish I had something cool to tell you right off the bat this week, but my brain is totally frozen from the single digit temperatures. Saturday it was 42 degrees, Sunday it was 7. BOO MIDWEST.  
Today has a high of 5 degrees. ::Shiver:: 

Per usual on Mondays, I have a few things to share with you from the past week- and I have some good ones for you this time around!

Best thing of the week...the image below.
If you've been following this blog for a while (or follow me on Instagram or Twitter) you know I post quite a lot of #ootd shots. Well the other day at work I get a text from Michael with this image in it.
 I. Could. Not. Stop. Laughing.
Yup, that's my man, half mocking me, half showing the world his workday best. Both valid and awesome.
(find more lovely #ootds HERE, maybe more of Michael someday...)

Best blog happenin' of last week....getting back to sharing DIYs. 
Loved the response from you all on the blog/Instagram/twitter about this paintchip DIY! Now I'm tempted to do more in other colors...and put them everywhere. Oh, and for those of you asking -- in the other images with the weird gold urchin- it's Nate Berkus and you can buy it here

Best event of the week...double date night.
I posted this picture on Instagram before we went out for dinner with our friends Emily and Ben...and when I next checked my phone I saw all the lovely comments. Geez! You all sure know how to make a girl blush. I guess I'll need to start wearing lipstick more often. Sassy.
Oh- the necklaces:
Circle diamond cutout: Gorjana from ShopBop- by far my most worn and loved necklace.
"L" Initial Neckalce: Christmas gift from Michael's stylish sister Kelly. From Etsy Shop Olive Yew.

Best find of the week...maybe.
Has anyone ordered the Kate Spade NY Things We Love book yet? In theory it sounds like the perfect little ladylike coffee table book (sorry Michael) - but I haven't heard anything about it yet! I thought it could be a great V-day gift to give to girlfriends, and it's on sale here...but I'm looking for backup, people! 
(get it on sale HERE!)

Best meal...and the simplest.
Tomorrow I'll be sharing a recipe for the easiest, most delicious pepper parmesean pasta. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Gah.

Alright, that wraps up last week for me.

How are you all doing? Anyone else having freezing cold weather?
...oh, and let me know about the Kate Spade book. Please!

xo, lp

12 comments:

  1. I really want to know how that Kate Spade book is too! I've been toying with the idea of buying it, but I think I need the "push" of someone raving about it first!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kate Spade book is a GREAT gift to give to girlfriends (thanks for the idea!) Love that little sculpture, it's freezing here in Boston too. Have a great week xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was on vacation this week. But seriously...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, those red lips are so gorg! I wish I could rock that look so well! Second, that pasta is making my mouth water! I'm such a sucker for good pasta recipes. Can't wait for you to share! Glad I stumbled upon your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to buy the Kate Spade book. Here's a review I found: http://www.sequinsandstripes.com/2013/01/kate-spade-ny-things-we-love.html

    xo
    www.carlyonqueue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting hungry from that pasta shot!! I loved the IG pic of Michael's OOTD that was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pre-ordered the KS book and it got here a few days back... already looked through the entire thing cover to cover and it's AMAZING... I love it! It's a definite must have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see that recipe... I'm hungry now! And that picture... love the lips, but loved your hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your friends emily and ben sure are lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! And I am DYING over your little L necklace!!! So SO cute! My boyfriend just got instagram... I am sure one day these will start too... Haha... Thanks for linking up with us over at Life Lately!!!

    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  11. The book is fabulous! Got mine last week! It is actually cheaper on amazon :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome lipstick color, it's totally you. I am more of a lip stain or lip gloss kind of girl, but I'll put on some lipstick once in a blue moon. :)

    Thanks for linking up with us on Life Lately this week!

    xoxo,
    Gayle | Grace for Gayle

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...