Thursday, January 3, 2013

NOT THE CUTE KIND OF SICK

WHOA.
Evidently it's 2013.
I'm definitely the person that will still date checks and things with 2012 for the next 5 months or so (yes I still write checks/no i'm not 80).

I have zero exciting things to report for New Year's Eve, because both Michael and I have been sick for the past few days.
No, really sick. Not the cute kind of sick where you Instagram a picture of you drinking tea to get pity from everyone. The laying-in-the-fetal-position-on-the-bathroom-floor kind of sick. Bleh. Needless to say we called it a night quite early...and then were woken up by the sounds of our neighbors blaring mariachi music AND their toddlers screaming. #apartmentlivingjoys
The best part of being sick? Sleeping, watching a ton of the Office & Breaking Bad, and playing Sorry:

------
To get all my complaining out at once, the Badgers lost the 3rd Rose Bowl in a row on New Year's Day. 
I wore the shoes I made for our 2011 Rose Bowl trip, and now I'm kind of convinced they're bad luck.
Despite the loss, I was lucky enough to watch the game with some of my favorite friends from college, which is rare since everyone is busy being all grown up with real jobs or in med/law school all across the country. 

On a more positive note, it was completely gorgeous in Wisconsin today. Cold, but gorgeous. Bright blue skies, sunshine, sparkly snow. This was my view when I got to work this morning: 
Not bad, right?

Oh shoot, is everyone done talking about their Christmas vacation? Damn, missed the boat on that one. Well I will be late and share these, since they're winter-y in general. Michael and I took a little time to walk around out on my lake back home in MN. Are all my Southern readers freaking out right now!? Solid ice, my friends.

And now, since everyone is gettin' their brag on about their holiday gifts on Instagram and such, I figured I would brag too. Check out what my 3 year old niece Lyddie made me:
BOOM. I think everyone in my office is jealous, and clearly you should be too. 

Besides the most gorgeous mug known to man, I was beyond amazed at the sweet, thoughtful, and ridiculously generous gifts this holiday season from coworkers and family. Somehow it always shocks me at how well people know me by the gifts they give, and it just makes me that much more grateful of how lucky I am to have such kick butt people in my life. 
----

Any awesome gifts on your end?
Or, anyone else miss the ball drop because they were sleeping?

xo, lp


psssssssst: find me on Instagram HERE 

4 comments:

  1. Chicago needs way more snow! I'm jealous! I had that terrible two days before Christmas. It.was.so.painful! So I hope you and Michael are both feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear you're so sick–such a bummer! I guess if anything good is coming out of it, it's definitely Breaking Bad marathon. I'm obsessed with that show!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things:

    one) i still balance my checkbook, how's that for 80 years old?

    two) i'm obsessed with those shoes and will gladly take them off your hands...or send you some in my size to make me some!

    xo.
    www.carlyonqueue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved your crafty christmas card!! thank you! i think it was hidden under a pile of spreadsheets on my desk :) i've been sicky too and am finally in recovery mode and ready to have some fun get togethers again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...