Wednesday, April 24, 2013

FIVE THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT CARE ABOUT...

I realize this is a lot more wordy than my average posts, but well, if you're really reading this blog because you like me or are even minutely interested in getting to know me better, then you should enjoy it. Plus I'll throw in some pictures of me jumping like an idiot for your enjoyment.
I promise this 5 things isn't one of the braggy ones like "OMG I WAS PROM QUEEN IN HIGH SCHOOL!/I'M FAMOUS IN EUROPE FOR MY ONE HIT WONDER!" mainly because neither of those are true...I can't sing for shit and we didn't have a prom queen so...no worries.

 Sometimes on this blog I deviate from speaking the way I do in real life- mainly because I know that without seeing I'm joking I can sound like kind of a jerk. I tried to make this post unfiltered Laura...hopefully you enjoy/learn something new/aren't too bored.

Let's begin, shall we?

1. I pretty much only wear patterned socks. I absolutely despise wearing socks, but living in the cold Midwest means it's not really an option not to. I cope by wearing ridiculous patterned socks- mainly holiday themed ones. I've got penguins, hearts, skulls, and menorahs in my repertoire- just to name a few. It has led to interesting conversations at the doctor's office, the gym, and events with get-to-know you mixers where you have to take your boots/shoes off.

2. I have excellent road rage. I don't mean swerving and speeding like a crazy person- but I do swear like a sailor when I'm on the road. Yes, I am judging your cube shaped car, your stupid family bumper stickers, and your inability to turn off your turn signal on the highway after you've switched lanes.

3. One of my many, many pet peeves includes being patted on the back when being hugged by my peers. Unless I am your grandmother (which I am not), do not pat me on the back. Hug me like a real person. After our first unofficial-ish date Michael gave me nothing more than a hug with a pat on the back. I absolutely talked crap about him to my coworkers the next day. I guess it worked out for him in the long run...

4. I've been a vegetarian for about...12 years or so.
To answer your questions:
I do it for a mix between ethics and lifestyle. // No, I don't miss meat.  // No, I'm not annoying about it and never try to convince other people to be vegetarians. // No, it doesn't annoy me if you eat meat around me. // No, Michael is not a vegetarian. // Yes, I eat more that just carrots. // No, I am not interested in a piece of your steak/bacon/etc no matter how good you say it tastes.

5. I hate horses. Correction: I'm scared of horses. Holy crap they are huge. And look like they're about to stop you out at any moment. Not quiiiiiiite as terrifying as sharks- but they're up there.


So there you have it. 5 things about me you probably didn't need to know, but now do.
Tell me something cool about yourself. Scared of horses too? Judge other people while you're driving? Share away, kiddos!

xo, lp

18 comments:

  1. Great post! Love it = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think us in a car, add road rage, would be an excellent reality tv show. Let's make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha LOVE this––first, those pictures are adorable, and second, we're road rage twinsies. I have it something terrible, and now that I don't drive, and instead walk everywhere, it's morphed into NYC sidewalk rage. Equally as bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahah i'm just picturing you elbowing people outta the way...

      Delete
  4. I fell in love with your blog last fall and have already come to the conclusion that you are pretty awesome. And this totally solidified it. Horses terrify me... and if I see that your "Golden Doodle is smarter than my honor student" bumper sticker on your car, I am judging the crap out of you. Not to mention a lot of other road rage issues :) Also... for some reason I love to kick the built up snow behind tires off of cars. Like I get a lot of enjoyment out of it, to the point where I might need therapy (Ok - Maybe not that far). Also... Sarcasm is the only language I am fluent in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahhah well thanks lady! Oh man i TOTALLY love to kick snow off of tires- why is it so gratifying??!

      Delete
  5. Hmm, I am the same way about socks. And road rage. And, we need to get a Midwest get together in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! Your fun facts are way more fun than mine! So glad that I'm not the only one who gets a terrible case of road rage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these posts. I'm really good at road rage too :) I'm definitely going to look at it as a skill from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. But going for walks may very well be the best technique to drop your a
    single pound each week.

    Here is my site ... http://www.getfitnstrong.com/adjustable-dumbbells/adjustable-dumbbells/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the same way with socks -- my sock drawer looks like a rainbow exploded :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made my day. I'm off to tell my five things for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, I am the worst when I'm driving! Also, I can't stand wearing socks either, but don't quite have the fun collection you do...I just go for bright and fun colored running socks. :)

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha you are the best! People ask me the same questions about being a vegetarian all the time. it definitely gets a little old. and I also only wear patterned socks and 75% of them are Christmas socks haha.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...