Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BEST & BASIC STIRFRY RECIPE

Michael and I have stir fry all. the. time. It's such a great way to go through veggies, especially if they're right on the edge of getting soft & wouldn't be as good raw. We've got a basic stirfry recipe down that makes a HUGE amount of food- which means leftovers for days! This recipe is insanely basic, and you could add veggies/ginger/spice to your hearts content...but for us we have these ingredients 100% of the time in our fridge, so it's our go-to. A few things:
1. If you don't have a rice steamer, get one. Ours is $19 (get it here) and is a microwaveable rice steamer. Put in rice and water, let it go- and you get perfectly cooked rice EVERY single time. I don't know about you all, but I burn rice when I make it in a pot...or make it overly soggy. This steamer kicks butt-plus it can be used to steam veggies & make pasta. Ridic.
2. Woks. They can be a little spendy- but if you average out cost per use...man ours is about $0.10 a use. I highly recommend this guy from Nordic Ware- Made in the USA!
What you'll need:
Rice:
2 cups basmati or brown rice
4 cups water
rice steamer (or pot)

Veggie Mix:
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 red pepper
2 garlic cloves
1 large onion
(+sliced almonds to garnish)
2 Tbsp oil- veggie or olive

Sauce:
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce(low sodium or regular)
1 1/2 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce (we use this)
1 tablespoon Sriracha red chili sauce
1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch
squeeze lemon juice

How to make it happen:
Step 1: Get your rice cookin'! It should take about 16 minutes to cook 2 cups of rice. If you time it right you'll be done with your veggies and rice at the same time!
Step 2: Chop your veggies ahead of time. Make your onions and peppers bit sized and mince your garlic!
Step 3: Add your oil to your wok and bring to medium low heat. Once hot add your onions and let 'em sizzle for 3-4 minutes. Mmmm-mmmm. 
Step 4: Next add in your peppers and broccoli, and cook for another 3 minutes. Add your garlic and cook for another 2 minutes or so.
Step 5: Mix all your sauce ingredients together really well and pour over your veggies while still on the stove. Let heat up with your veggies and stir every 30 seconds or so.
Step 6: Scoop up your rice, dish out some veggies, and garnish with sliced almonds!

 (seriously. this rice cooker is the bomb)

 There it is! Easy, fast, delicious- and a great way to get your veggie servings in for the night!!

What is your easy go-to dish?
Anyone else have a good stir-fry recipe?

xo, lp

(like asian dishes? try my broccoli soy noodles or my crunchy asian cabbage salad!)

7 comments:

  1. That looks delish. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my easy go-to dish? hmmmmm. probably burgers, like literally. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stir frys are my easy weeknight meals, too! I usually make mine with couscous or quinoa, since I'm not a big rice fan, but everything else is pretty much the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love stir frys. They're the only way I eat my veggies, lol. I agree with you about woks - totally worth the investment! I'll have to check out the rice steamer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there every one, here every person is sharing such familiarity, therefore it's good to read this webpage, and I used to visit this web site all the time.

    Here is my web blog; vigrx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy stir fry!. The longest time I looked on the internet it flag the most delicious stir fry that I saw. And it is easy to prepare, I will try this stir fry recipe for our dinner. Thank you for sharing this review.

    best stir fry recipe

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...