Monday, September 9, 2013

FALL FOOD RADAR

I've been in a food funk lately. I haven't been making any fun dishes- mainly because it's been about 95 degrees every day for the last few weeks. Baking and cooking is just NOT fun in that kind of heat...right?

Now that it is finally starting to cool down, I can turn to my trusty old food Pinterest board full of great recipes from creative minds for some inspiration:
1. Pretzel bites via My Baking Heart- These bites with spicy cheese dip look like the PERFECT Sunday football snack!
2. Classic Swedish Cinnamon Rolls via Have A Yummy Day- I've never made cinnamon rolls from scratch, and I think early fall is the right time to try them out.
3. Nectarine & Fried Mozzarella Stacks via Half Baked Harvest- Nectarines are some of my favorite summer fruit, and I've never thought to put them with mozzarella, basil, and balsamic. Genius!
4. Parmesan Garlic Grilled Corn via Eclectic Recipes- With the last bit of sweet corn at the markets I think this recipe is absolutely in order. Deeeelish.
5. Tequila Battered Onion Rings via Life as a Strawberry- Along with those pretzel bites, I think tequila battered onion rings would be perfect tailgate food!
6. Parmesan Baked Potato Halves via Fav Family Recipes- Michael will eat any potato dish out there, and this is one I'd happily nibble on too.
7. Basil Mozzarella Wontons via Return to Sunday Supper- Now that I've perfected the sriracha cream cheese wontons, it's time for a new kind of wonton to try- these look fantastic!      

What recipes are on your radar?
Leave a link to your Pinterest boards in the comments so I can check it out!

xo, lp

8 comments:

  1. I just made my first pumpkin treat for this fall: http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com/2013/09/martha-stewarts-pumpkin-doughnut-muffins.html

    I'll be making those over and over again this fall plus any other pumpkin dishes.

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh fantastic! i'll have to keep checking your blog for more! those look great!

      Delete
  2. It's really hard to get into cooking when it's SO hot out, so I don't blame you. I've been turning to my cookbooks for fun fall recipes–I can't wait to get to making them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. psh girl you always have the most fantastic recipes!!

      Delete
  3. I got a kick out of your comment about potatoes and Michael-from a kid who wouldn't go near them as a toddler!! Those recipes look delish, by the way!!
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I don't like to cook in the heat either. Way too hot for that. But now that it's cooling down, it's totally doable. And those basil and mozzarella wontons and cinnamon rolls look delicious! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's finally soup time! I love setting ingredients in a crock pot all day and coming home after a long day of work to an already prepared dinner.

    It is also perfect time for sweet potatoes. (Really, they are perfect all the time, but fall seems just a bit better. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Wondering where to go in 2019? Things to do has ranked as the best include a remote, idyllic island, the design capital ...

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...