Wednesday, September 25, 2013

MAN, YOU'VE GOT STYLE.

We've actually started decorating our apartment.
 2 months in. 
We're doin' it, folks. Being adults and covering up the blank walls.

When we first moved in I had a collection of apartment pictures that I thought would fit in our place...but I've revamped that with what we really want, now that we've lived in our space for a bit!

Here's what's on our radar:

1. This recent lighting fixture from ABM is amazing. I love the look of the bare lightbulbs-- and while we might not go totally literal here with bulbs, there will definitely be some type of glass or chandelier in our lofted ceilings!
2. Light, bright bedroom with minimal art & simple monograms. Need I say more?
3. I am in LOVE with this green wood stain. I mean, so much more chic than just painting a dresser with solid paint. Our dresser needs a major makeover, and I'll be using this as inspiration for sure.
4. I have the most awesome 365 day calendar printed on my instagram photos from Social Print Studios, and while it won't be an entire wall of wallpaper photos, I think 365 will make a pretty good impact!
5. My gallery wall in our last place wasn't too much of a success, so this time around mismatching frames more is my goal. 

What's something you really love about your space?
For more of my favorites, go here!

xo, lp

6 comments:

  1. I love love love the look of bare lightbulbs too (especially Edison bulbs), and Elise's home is fantastic–I'm definitely recreating that yellow chair look in my next place. We used to have yellow chairs, but space made us get rid of our kitchen table. Womp womp...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something to be said for living in a place for a little bit before you begin decorating. Just now I am feeling confident enough to work on making my apartment my home for the next two years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the collection- the photos look like they all came from one home! It will be fun to hunt down chairs to paint yellow- it is such a bright & cheery color! I think if it were me, i'd paint my chairs a pale turquoise :)

    XO,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so excited to see what you do! obviously, i love my gold stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have to post pictures of your apartment! I really love that wooden table with yellow chairs!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your style! We have similar tastes but the bf and I haven't managed to fully execute anything yet. Hopefully someday soon. Can't wait to see pictures of your place when you decorate!

    -Meg :)

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...