Tuesday, September 10, 2013

NECTARINE BASIL LEMONADE (it's as refreshing as it sounds!)

I make a good amount of cocktails on this here blog...which probably makes me look like a bit of a lush. Truth is I don't actually drink that much (she says as she blogs with a glass of wine), and most of the cocktails I make could easily be made sans alcohol.

This recipe on the other hand, is a virgin drink that could just fine with a lil gin or vodka in it. Take your pick kids, choose your own adventure.

What you'll need:
-Lemonade mix 
- Nectarines
-Fresh Basil

How to make it happen:
You ready for how difficult this is?

Step 1: Mix up your lemonade.
Step 2: Rip 4-5 large basil leaves and muddle in your lemonade.
Step 3: Pour over some ice with a few slices of nectarine & enjoy!
If you want your lemonade to be sweeter, muddle up your nectarines too. I on the other hand, like to eat the nectarine slices once I'm done with the drink and they're all cold and sour from the lemonade. Because I'm weird like that.
 It was 97 degrees yesterday, so this kind of refreshing drink is still absolutely necessary! I fully intend on keeping this easy recipe in my repertoire for parties in the future.

So the question of the day is:
What have y'all been sipping on lately?


xo, lp


(oh, and if you notice I'm a big fan of fun straws- I get them from an Etsy shop called Loollipop, you've got to check it out, her prices are amazing!)

** in the cocktail mood? try out my orange ginger mojitos or my fizzy pineapple lemon punch.

11 comments:

  1. Please come and cook for me. Puhhhhleaseee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so refreshing! I love the mix of fruit and basil. Oh, and that plate needs to be mine ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know isn't that one awesome? such a great goodwill find!

      Delete
  3. Yum! This weekend I had a really great drink called a Southern Bell. It was Sweet Tea Vodka, Splash of Soda, Lemonade, Lemon wedge and muddled mint in a glass. Talk about refreshing on a hot summer day! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very unsual combination but nevertheless worth trying.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, yum. You know this is RIGHT up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check Out Your URL z5i65m6d62 Ysl replica handbags best replica ysl bags replica bags thailand learn this here now i1m02s6b29 replica bags high quality replica bags online uae replica gucci handbags m6r40i4y96 replica bags in gaffar market

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...