Tuesday, March 19, 2013

BAKED SRIRACHA CREAM CHEESE WONTONS +spicy soy sauce

I love cream cheese wontons- which is strange, because I don't really like cream cheese on anything else...but maybe it's because they're usually deep fried?

Well a while back a friend made these amazing baked wontons with a whole bunch of delicious ingredients in them... and I knew I had to make some myself.

I wasn't sly enough to steal her recipe with the abundance of ingredients- so I just went the simple route and made my own with just 3 main ingredients, and then whipped up a dipping sauce. Oh man, they're good. Like, REALLY good.

Sriracha Cream Cheese Wontons (Makes about 25)
1 brick of cream cheese (8 oz)
Wonton wrappers (I used Nasoya)
3 teaspoons chopped chives
5 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce (more if you like things extra spicy)
Olive Oil cooking spray

Spicy Soy Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1  1/2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice

This is pretty foolproof, but here are a few notes:
1. Mix together your chives, cream cheese, and Sriracha really well for the mixture:

I'm sure the images below are pretty clear, but here are a few steps for ya:
1. Use about a tablespoon of the mixture- too much will just explode out the side!
2. All you need it water to wet the edges- it'll glue the sides together really well.
3. When you fold it in half, make sure to push all the air bubbles out! You also could stop at this step and bake them like this- but the edges burn really easily...
4. Spray both sides before baking at 350 for 7 minutes. Now, this TOTALLY depends on your oven. When I make them at home they take 7 minutes. When I make them at my friend Dani's house they take 16. Watch 'em carefully!
5. For your dipping sauce? Just mix it all together & dip!
There you have it! Golden brown, crunchy, creamy, ooey gooey wontons!

The best part about them is they aren't greasy at all- I'm not saying they're healthy AT ALL, but it's nice to not have your hands full of grease while you're eating an appetizer. I can't recommend these enough. If you don't like spicy things- DON'T pass this recipe by! Just add less (or no) sriracha, and you have a still delicious crunchy snack!

 I'm making these again this weekend for a night of darts & beer with some friends...and it can't come soon enough!

What's your go-to appetizer/snack to make?
This is hands down my favorite. Did I mention they're great to make them ahead of time & just pop in the oven when you're ready?

xo, lp


Other favorites? 
Healthy Chili Garlic Broccoli
Sweet Crunchy Asian Salad
Cranberry Pecan Bleu Cheese Dip


---

Let's be Instagram friends, shall we?
You can find me here---> @lpodlich


*Psst: if you're an online shopper, you HAVE to use Ebates. Fer real, y'all. Find out more HERE*

17 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I'm not a big spice person, but I could probably lessen the sriracha like you said. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they taste great just with cream cheese and chives too! michael doesn't like spicy so i always make some without sriracha :)

      Delete
  2. Brooks works all weekend. I think these will be the perfect snack for catching up on Dance Moms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope he likes them! Watch out, they're addictive!

      Delete
  3. Holy moly those look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I bet a little green onion would be good inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to try these! They look delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. Em. Gee. These look so good!! I will be trying these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubs is a massive cream cheese addict and I can't wait to surprise him with these! Thanks for sharing.

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm-mmmm tese look soo good!! I have no paitience or coooking I wnat to eat now hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at Sriracha!!! Girl, I am pinning this now. And I don't pin recipes very often, but I will be making these!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I hope you love them lady! Thanks for pinning them- I feel special now :) :)

      Delete
  10. Went with 375 for 15-20 minutes. Dropped the sriracha to 1 tbsp. Came out great.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...