Wednesday, March 27, 2013

#PantonePairings

Have any of you all ever been groupies of something?
Anything?
A show? A band? A celebrity?

I rarely get overly giddy about such things (except Adam Levine. mm-mm tattoos have never looked so good), but watch out kids, here I go, babbling about something like a little kid. 

So a while back I started following one talented dude on Instagram. Crazy creative pictures, quirky sense of humor, and sweet Pantone play with food. Sold. A week later, Instagram featured him. Boom. Double sold. 

A week after that, I find out my sister KNOWS him. Evidently the Minneapolis art community is smaller than I thought, because my talented photographer sister is friends this guy! Yes, I WARNED YOU I was going to get all 6th grade giddy, so don't act annoyed right now. So, I did the thing any mature adult would do - I told her I was a groupie and asked her to ask him for permission to use his images on the blog. Spoiler alert: he said yes!

Allow me to introduce you to a small portion of the cool art of David Schwen (or @dschwen, for you instagram fools). This is just a small window into his talented world, but I love these! He takes food pairings & turns them into Pantone gold. What's even cooler is he's offering signed, limited edition prints in his shop.

Check a few of them out:

Which of these pairings is your favorite?
I love the cocoa & marshmallows and the wasabi & soy!
(but let's be real, i'd take them all)

xo, lp



***If you plan on pinning this image, please give credit to David Schwen or DSchwen! As much as I'd love to take credit for this idea, I just can't. Sad day. ***

Don't believe me? Maybe you'll listen to Huffington Post , FoodBeast , Design Lovefest, or the 34,000 people who follow him on Instagram.

5 comments:

  1. These are too funny! I love the peas and carrots one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a former Madisonian (and Ian's lover) I have to go with the mac & cheese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice! (and best Ian's slice for sure! )

      Delete
  3. So fun!!! I love the last pairing the most!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...