Tuesday, March 5, 2013

NUTELLA RICE KRISPIE BARS!

Remember a while back when I made Nutella Puppy Chow
Man, y'all went crazy. Between comments/tweets/Pinterest it is quite clear there is a Nutella OBSESSION out there! Well friends, I'm here to feed the addiction more today. I've added Nutella to a favorite childhood (and adulthood) snack- Rice Krispie Treats! They are SO good. Trust me.

What you'll need:
6 cups of crisped rice cereal
4 Tablespoons butter
4 1/2 cups mini marshmallows or full bag of large ones
7 tablespoons Nutella (5 to mix in, 2 to drizzle over)
Parchment paper
9x13 pan

How to make it happen:
* I'm sure you've probably make Rice Krispie treats...but if you haven't, allow me to explain*
Step 1: Melt your butter on low in a large saucepan
Step 2: Mix in your marshmallows, stirring often to make sure the marshmallows at the bottom don't burn! 
Step 3: Once completely melted, add in 5 tablespoons of Nutella, stir quickly, and add to a larger bowl with Rice Krispies already in it.
Step 4: Mix quickly before your marshmallow mixture hardens, and spread evenly in a parchment lined pan. Best tip to get it all spread out without sticking to your spatula/spoon/hand? Put a piece of parchment over the top and use a wooden spoon to spread it out.
Step 5: Once cool, heat up your nutella and drizzle it over the top! 

---- 
Easy, no?
Cut off all the edges to make a bunch of perfect squares or rectangles!

Drizzle on the good stuff...

Cut up and enjoy!



So bring these to your next party / get together / potluck and you'll be everyone's favorite. Guarantee.

Okay, be honest.
 How many of you are going to make these tonight?
I'm gonna go ahead and bet about 75%. Yup.

xo, lp

Looking for Nutella Puppy Chow Recipes? Go here!
Not a Nutella fan & want other dessert Recipes? Go here!
Want to see all the yummy recipes I've pinned? Go here!

10 comments:

  1. Oh. my. lord. You are officially my favorite person ever for thinking of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I'm not usually a rice krispies kind of gal, but I had ONE homemade one at a food festival that was–you guessed it–Nutella and completely changed my mind. I will definitely be trying these babies.

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Nutella. I've never made rice krispies and I think these might be my first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...my mouth is seriously watering right now! These look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look AMAZING! I love Rice Krispie treats and love Nutella, so this is a match made in heaven! Thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look delicious! I'm definitely going to try these out they next time I'm home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I love mixing Nutella in "basic" foods - yogurt, oatmeal, cookie dough - and these look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delicious! As a sidenote, I was really proud of my Gap/Banana Republic inspired outfit today and tried to take a selfie in a similar style to your previous post #FAIL. After about 2 minutes I gave up. Mainly because I noticed the epic amount of dog hair on my sweater (how did I miss that?!?!) and the angles were making me look frumpy thus ruining my aforementioned pride.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Υοur article рrοvides proven necesѕary to us.

    It’s extгemеly educatіonal аnԁ уou're clearly quite experienced in this area. You have popped my sight to be able to numerous views on this specific subject using interesting and solid content material.

    my weblog; soma

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...