Thursday, March 7, 2013

$4 DIY JEWELRY HANGER!

I think if I had a dollar for every blog post I've done mentioning jewelry I'd have enough money...to..well... buy myself some more jewelry. 

Last year when we lived in Virginia we had the perfect wall to create a jewelry tree for all of my necklaces. And by we I mean while Michael was at work I painted a tree and banged about 40 nails on the wall. Without telling him.
Woops.
He even spackled every one of the holes when we moved out. What a guy!

Well, I decided to not be a jerk and do that to him again, so this time around I created a jewelry display that only required two holes in the wall. Amazing! 
This project is really simple, and really cheap.
You'll need:
- Level
- Hammer
- Gold Spray Paint
- 2 basic nails
- 1/2 x 48 dowel
- 2 gold cup hooks (  5/8 or 3/4 inch )
All of these can be found at your local hardware store! Dowels run under $1.00, cup hooks around about $0.50 each. The spray paint was about $2, making this whole project around $4. Amazing!

 Here's how to make it happen:
 Easy, right?
Honestly, the only thing that took a long time in this project was hanging up all the necklaces. Yup.
Quick, cheap, and awesome.

 A few things I will say about this project:
1. Don't go thinner than a 1/2 inch dowel. It'll bend like crazy. Mine bends slightly in the middle-but not to the point it's going to break. 
2. If you DO get a bigger dowel, remember to get bigger cup hooks & ones that stick out further from the wall! Otherwise you won't be able to hang your necklaces up because the dowel will be too close to the wall.
 Oh, and keep your most worn necklaces on the ends!
*** Update: I should specify- for the necklaces in the middle you just open the clasp to get them off! - Although it doesn't look like it, there is space between the dowel and the wall- you don't need to remove the dowel from the hooks every time you need a necklace in the middle!!! ****

There you have it!

Although it may not be as creative as the jewelry tree, it is super functional and will a lot easier to clean up come moving time!

How do you store/display your jewelry?
I might have to take your ideas for next time :)

xo, lp


For more B&B-find me on instagram! @lpodlich

27 comments:

  1. love this! after we move, i am going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. good thing i don't work at BB like you or else I'd need like 5 of those dowels. gah.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh. I'm doing this THIS weekend. Thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! If you do snap a picture- I'd love to see it!

      Delete
  4. Pгetty comрonent of contеnt. I simply stumbled upon yοur web ѕite and in аccеѕѕіon сaрital to say
    that I аcquігe in fact loved account your blog posts.
    Αnуway I'll be subscribing to your augment or even I achievement you get entry to constantly fast.

    Have a look at my homepage; http://ringinginearstreatment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, and so simple! I love displaying my jewelry too...most pieces are too pretty not to look at all the time!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an awesome idea! I hate how my necklaces always get all mixed up. It's super cute too! http://discoveringjanae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! But what a pain to remove the necklace in the middle. Good advice to keep the most worn necklaces on the end. It's GREAT decoration though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Actually, for the necklaces in the middle you just open the clasp to get them off! Although it doesn't look like it, there is space between the dowel and the wall- you don't need to remove the dowel from the hooks every time you need a necklace in the middle!!

      Delete
    2. Whoops! Makes much more sense. Thanks for the clarification, and congrats on your feature!

      Delete
  8. Great idea! Mine are on a big hook and I am regretting putting some of my thinner ones on it because it's a big ol' tangled mess right now. So to avoid the headache I've been buying new necklaces :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that sounds like the best solution to the problem! :)

      Delete
  9. That's a cool idea for jewelry. I just got a wall jewelry organizer from Lakeside collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. can I have all of your necklaces? ok thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this!! I just have a closet hanging thing for my jewelry. I'm not in love with it by any means, but it serves it's purpose. Plus, I don't have as many pretty necklaces as you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Make Money online from home without investment, Just Register and click the ads and earn upto 10 Dollars Daily, The best and Legimate Earning Sites Ever you want
    ProBux.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Although no studies have evaluated the effectiveness of the paleo diet are allowed to cheat
    at the beginningYes. Simple, most Americans eat this stuff on a daily basis.


    Stop by my weblog - what is the caveman diet

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great idea. I like it. I think your idea really helpful to us. Your jewelry also really good and awesome.

    Watch Faces

    ReplyDelete
  15. storm chasers vacation station works with their respective service
    providers like the radio stations.

    Also visit my web site - storm chasing photography

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooOOOoo... love this! Thanks, so cool and helpful:)

    Fashion jewelry india

    ReplyDelete
  17. The car is designed with a manual gear box then you need to buy a car in late-afternoon
    sun with anything less than an immaculately clean field of
    vision and guts. If you make a mistake, you could request professional opinion although; you would certainly have to pay over ten
    thousands. If you think about it, you will notice the streamlined
    look and stylish elegance that is apparent with these
    used car reliability. Now, the following models of B.

    My site; used cars tulsa ok ()

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited. Visit the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Awkward Text, Prank Text, funny comics, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Epic Videos, Prank Videos, Fail Videos and Much More Fun and Entertainment
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just loved the way you explained the steps in making most stylish accessories and yes they look like party wears.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea to consider for a craft fair.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me.
    Custom Jewelry

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...