Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Avocado Fries from Sheri Ann of S&S


Happy Tuesday! As you all are used to, Tuesday is my recipe day, and while I'm out of town Sheri Ann from Sprinkles & Style is here to share one of HER delicious recipes!! If you haven't checked out her blog, make sure to do so! Her "Eat This...Wear That" series is so creative!!!

-------------

Hello lovely Beauty & the Beard readers! I'm Sheri Ann from Sprinkles and Style and I am absolutely thrilled to be guest posting here today while Laura is on her camping adventure!

I spend an awful lot of time in the kitchen whipping together cupcakes, cookies, and other fun dishes for my friends and family to try. During these summer months, my favorite foods to incorporate are grapefruit and avocados. These avocado fries are incredibly tasty - buttery and crispy at the same time that I promise you won't be disappointed! And the best thing to wash it down with? A grapefruit sparkler that is deliciously tart and refreshing.

Ingredients:
2 ripe avocados
1/4 cup flour
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups Panko
1 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut your avocado and remove the seed.
3. Slice your avocado into several segments. {I do this step with the skin still on because I find it's much easier to peel this way.}
4. Make yourself an assembly line of flour, beaten eggs, and Panko. Coat the avocado slices in that order.
5. Spread on a cooling rack that has been placed on top of a cookie sheet and spray with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt.
6. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until they are golden brown.





These are great to dip in mustard, hot sauce, sour cream, or salsa!

And that grapefruit sparkler is quick to make. To make one drink, stir together 3 oz. grapefruit juice, 2 oz. cranberry juice, 2 oz gin, and a splash each of Campari and lime juice in a shaker with ice. Strain into glass rimmed with salt and filled with ice. Top it off with some seltzer and lime wedge.

Both of these will definitely be making appearances at some get togethers. They are sure to be a hit at a summer party!

Thanks again for having me Laura!

Oh my gosh, I need that grapefruit sparkler NOW. And avocado fries...why have I never thought of that? Genius.
Thanks Sheri Ann!!

xo,lp

4 comments:

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...