Thursday, July 5, 2012

whirlwind

Sorry friends, I've been a bad blogger. Aside from taking/uploading my own pictures to Instagram/Twitter, I have been nonexistent lately. As I'm writing this, it's 10:47 at night and we're in Mystic Seaport, CT. Yup, pretty quiet 4th of July in these parts. 
Since leaving on our road trip we've done everything except sleep! So far we've gone through DC, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and are currently in Connecticut (If you're new here, see why we're going across the country from this post). After seeing friends, cousins, and a ridiculous amount of statues, we are thrilled to be relaxing in one of the most charming towns I've ever seen. 

We were so busy I had to miss out on seeing awesome bloggers like Holly, Ashlyn, and Meaghan (just to name a few). Now that our trip is slowing down a little, we have time to meet the creative and lovely {av} from long distance loving tomorrow!  I know I'll be jinxing us here, but we haven't hit ANY traffic. No, really. No DC traffic, no bridge traffic, no NY traffic. I figure the traffic gods were giving us a break because they felt bad about all the tolls we had to pay. #roadtripproblems.

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram (@lpodlich) you've either been happy or annoyed to see how active I've been posting pictures from all the cool places we've been so far. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. DC: Good old Abe
2. DC: Washington Monument
3: DC: Beer with T&M at Standard
4: DC: Morning bridge walks
5: PA: New neon yellow shorts!
6: PA: Gettysburg
7: PA: Philly subway
8: PA: Huge game pieces near city hall
9: PA: LOVE statue on Penn campus
10: PA: Philly walking
11: NY: Endless tolls
12: CT: 4th of July details
13: CT: The best ice cream
14: CT: Nautical heaven
15: CT: Sunset in Mystic Seaport


How was your 4th of July?
Did anyone else go over the top with their outfits? I may or may not have been wearing red skinnies...

xo,lp

psssst: find me on instagram here! 

10 comments:

  1. I love keeping up with your trip! Your pics are so fun!! Glad you guys are having a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite enjoying your road trip. Definitely living vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I slept. I think we should have kids soon because we sure act like we have them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been totally loving all of your travel pics! Considering we've barely left NY this year, it's like a mini vacation for us, too! Hope you're having a fab time - loved your 4th of July look! :)


    ♡jilly
    sorelle in style | SHOPBOP GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have loved seeing your travels through Instagram!! So fun to see {av} too!! Keep those pictures coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow looks like from all your wonderful pix that yall have been having a blast! Have to admit I'm pretty jealous of your traveling duo. I'm bored at work - ya! Not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so rare that anyone gets to be inside Mystic Seaport after dark, I hope you share some pictures from there! Hanging out in the world's largest maritime museum after hours sounds really exciting to me... the quietness is the excitement in that case! Also, the town of Mystic, CT is really cute so I hope you get to spend some time there too! Fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pictures!!! hope you enjoyed your DC time.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...