Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday's Fancies #13: Team Spirit

When I originally wrote this post we had just made it to the sweet 16...aaaaaaaaaaand now we just lost. Good thing I sound peppy from writing it before...

This week {av} encouraged us to center our Friday's Fancies around our favorite team for the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship. As I've mentioned multiple times before, Michael and I graduated from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.  I don't ever dress up for sporting events- give me a big jersey or a sweatshirt and I'm good to go! In general, since the main UW sports are football (outside in cold WI fall) and hockey (in a chilly arena)- everyone is bundled up to watch the games anyway! 

Funny story actually:  For the 2011 Rosebowl a few of us road-tripped out to Pasadena to see the Badgers play TCU. Everyone was wearing goofy, ridiculous outfits, with every speck of red we could find. Huge beaded necklaces, face paint, I even bedazzled some white keds (shown below). The funny thing was the TCU fans were dressed to the NINES. The guys were wearing chinos with tucked in oxfords, and the ladies were wearing silky purple dresses with pearls and heels. Our HUGE tailgate was a massive party (80 cases of beer and 13+ handles of  booze with 110 people) across from a classy, dry TCU tailgate. They were drinking Starbucks and wheatgrass. I kid you not. At. A. Football. Game. BLASPHEMY!!


I digress, you get the picture.
With all the fun colored jeans out there, I am totally getting a pair of red ones for the upcoming UW Band concert in April...my outfit will go a little like this:


Any other Badger fans out there sad as can be today?

(psst, make sure to head over to {long distance loving} for more gameday getups!


25 comments:

  1. Those shoes are beyond adorable! I'm sorry your team lost! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL what a clash of two different worlds. I can't imagine going to a game and being SO stuffy!

    It's funny because I live minutes away from the Rose Bowl and yet my college has NO football team. Rip off!

    I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those shoes are so creative! sorry that wisconsin lost :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I found your post funny because I go to TCU and believe me I do NOT dress like that for football games...I don't see how those girls look so perfect by the 4th period with their fixed up hair and high heels. Also, you must have been across from the ONLY dry tailgate. Our students can get wild and crazy too. ;) Love your sneakers...they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha well i wish i'd seen your fun tailgate instead!! to be fair- a few of the guys from the dry tailgate snuck over and had some of our beer...so looks like some of you TCU fans are ok :)

      Delete
  5. oh gosh just re-read my comment...4th QUARTER. Getting my hockey and football mixed up it's way too late over here haha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a sports fan at all, but this outfit is super cute! When I was at Penn State I always went to the tailgates with my boyfriend/husband but then peaced out when it was game time. :) Starbucks and wheatgrass? Really? I don't even know what wheatgrass is but it sounds pretentious. The shoes are pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute outfit and those shoes are AWESOME! Sorry about your Badgers. I was definitely rooting for them last night as I want to see all Big 10 teams win!! On a sidenote, who drinks Starbucks at a tailgate?! That's just crazy. xoxo, morgan

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a sad sad loss for the badgers :( on the bright side, i thoroughly enjoy your bedazzled UW sneakers. think I need some for football season haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. That outfit is great! So often people go way overboard with their teams on gameday. This tee, relaxed bag and jeans combo is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd totally wear that outfit and I am not a badger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was at the Rosebowl too that year and it was the first thing I noticed. Khakis at a football game? Insane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your bedazzled shoes! They're so well done! Sorry your team is out now :(!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds just like TCU....cracks me up!! I would have been on your tailgate side...fo' sure! Sorry your team lost...my alma mater isn't even cool enough to play...Texas State...but I am still a proud BOBCAT! ;)
    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, my friend, I love this!! So jealous you road tripped to the Rose Bowl! I'm lovin' those shoes. And obviously no one knows how to tailgate like a Wisconsinite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great job on your shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok seriously.. those shoes are awesome.
    and Starbucks and wheatgras?? Haha that's kind of... I dunno... weird, and something I could easily see happening in LA!

    Anyway, so glad you found my blog, I really like yours too =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those shoes are fabulous, what a great project!! Wishing your team the best! I hope you had a good week and are enjoying your weekend!
    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    twirlingclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute - I am so jealous that you get to come up with something as fun as this! UMD wasn't even close to the action this year, so I'm jealous that you get to make an outfit!

    Hope your weekend was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am also a Badgers fan! Much of my family is from Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  20. replica bags cheap Go Here r2i74w6o27 replica bags korea replica bags vancouver hermes fake k7m27e0p64 replica bags australia replica bags online uae fake gucci i0s57t1g40 replica bags sydney

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...