Tuesday, March 13, 2012

St. Patty's Garland

     As you saw yesterday with my Rainbow Cupcakes, I'll decorate/bake for any holiday there is. St. Patty's day is no exception- even though I'm 0% Irish. Since removing our Snowflake Garland from the holidays, our windows have been pretty bare- my half ass attempt at a Heart Garland for V-day was just not sufficient. Thus, my friends, the green St. Patty's Day Garland was born.

     I started by cutting up a few sheets of patterned green scrapbook paper into triangles...
....and grabbed some green ribbon (that I snagged at Michael's Crafts for 20 cents, btw).
Now, as you all know, I'm a ridiculously impatient crafter. A smart, patient person would have neatly set the ribbon out, and carefully taped the triangles in a row. Weeeelllll....I just started taping and taping and the next thing I knew, this is what I had:
Ah, yes.  A lovely knot of ribbon, tape, and paper. Just a typical night at our apartment. Smooth.
After finally detangling the giant mess I had created, I first hung the garland on our huge living room wall to make sure the triangles were spaced out fairly evenly.
Oooh, y'all get to see down the hallway to our front door. Exciting, right!?
This this is HUGE. That and the fact how tiny our current TV is makes it look even bigger...
After getting the final stamp of approval from Michael I hung it up:



It may not be uber sophisticated, but it's pretty and green and perfect for the holiday!

 Bonus: green is a spring color so I can leave it up at least through April, right....right?!
DIY under $5

11 comments:

  1. Laura that's so cute! It looks great in your place too, definitely acceptable to leave up for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exposed brick and super high ceilings in your apartment are amazing! And I love your festive garland too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! I am the same way when I make crafts. In other news, your apartment is AWESOME! So jealous of the brick wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little DIY! Very creative! xx
    Krystal

    www.krystalschlegel.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and I love that the TV looks like it belongs in a barbie dream house next to that wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable! And I am totally intrigued by your space... off to see if I can find more pics of it on here :)

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the exposed brick and garland!!! Very festive!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...