Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Baked Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños

for more great recipe ideas & fun images, follow me on instagram HERE!
----


Football season is in full swing, which means having a good (indoor) tailgating recipe or two under your belt in necessary. 
Here's one I whipped up the other day that was dangerously good:

What You'll Need to Make it Happen:
*makes 10 halves
- 5 small Jalapeños
- 4 ounces cream cheese 
- 1 ounce shredded co-jack cheese (but almost any kind would do!)
- 1 tsp chives
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp paprika

How to Make it Happen:
Step 1: Cut your jalapeños in half and de-seed fully.
Step 2: Mix all the rest of your ingredients together in a bowl.
Step 3: Fill each jalapeño to the brim with your cream cheesy mixture.
Step 4: Bake in a 350 degree oven on tinfoil for 15-20 minutes. Check after 10 minutes to make sure they aren't burning! Once they're brown and bubbling, you're good to go!
Step 5: Let cool for a few minutes so you don't totally burn your mouth off- and enjoy!
Before:
After!

I know they aren't the most beautiful or appetizing lil guys, but they are delicious! Oh, and for you spicy-phobes out there: removing the seeds and baking takes a lot of the spice out of these peppers, so even you might like them!

What's a great tailgating recipe you know?
Share in the comments, I'd love to hear!

xo, lp




pssst: for more food inspiration, go here
&
for instagram shots,click here!


7 comments:

  1. I can't say I'm a jalapeno fan, but I'll eat anything with cream cheese and cheese in it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never actually had a jalapeno so I have no idea if I can tolerate the heat level but these look so yummy that I'd take the risk ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jalapenos vary in their heat level. If they have striations (like stripes) on them, they are hotter.

      Delete
  3. Yum! I love spicy food and cheese, so this is ideal. I am a huge sucker for chili in the fall too!

    Corbin
    Decor-Eat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Alyssa... Not a huge jalapeno fan, but these look good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make these even simpler by using only sharp cheddar as filling. I love them especially as a snack. I will consider your version when I have some cream cheese. I do have some now but it is jalapeno flavoured!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...