Thursday, October 24, 2013

Currently, v3

I haven't done one of these posts in a while!

And of course, in true seasonal theme, I've included a lil' fall picture, just for you anti-word, pro-picture crowd out there:

FEELING: Shocked that there was a few snowflakes out yesterday. WHAT. How did that happen?

READING: Confederates in the Attic. Or well, I'm about to start it. Michael being a history nerd means we have a ton of great books about the Civil War & WWII, and I can't wait to get started on this one!

LISTENING TO: "Sail" by AWOLNATION...mainly because this 40 second spoof video totally kills me. Every. Time. 

THANKFUL FOR: The insane luck of winning Packers tickets at work last week, AND getting to meet James Jones. Seriously- a Packers fan's dream. To make it even more amazing, the game I won tickets to is on our anniversary, which is more than I could have asked for! Expect us to be making tacky signs like "We skipped the anniversary dinner to have a date with AARON & CLAY!" or something like that. Be warned.

EATING: Apple Cider Sticks (frozen cider), cheese from the farmer's market last weekend, and the best pasta ever from a recipe from a friend. She's sworn me to secrecy on how it's made- so you'll either have to take my word on it being the best, or come to WI and have me make it for you. Nom.

WATCHING: Forrest Gump and getting weepy. I'm sorry- I haven't watched this movie in forever- WHEN DID IT GET SO SAD? If you haven't watched it in a while, I really recommend seeing it again. When he's talking about all the beauty he saw on his runs..and even in Vietnam...MAN it just gets me. I know it's all fiction, but I know there are people out there that are that positive, and it just makes you want to be...better, ya know?

LOVING: Oh geez. THIS cozy scarf (in both colors!), THIS badass mug, THIS gorgeous purse (for under $20-what?!), THESE fall flats, and THESE  hexagon lovlies. 

LOOKING FORWARD TO: Tonight! I'm having some work friends over for a "housewarming" party...even thought we've lived here for 3 months. Sigh. We just don't have our act together this time around when it comes to getting the place set up and having a timely party. Whatever. Awesome excuse to have some of my favorite friends over for food! I'm planning on making THIS and THIS for sure!


What's up with you, currently?
And good books or shows/movies I should check out?

xo, lp

2 comments:

  1. That cat video was so funny! I love that song, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been listening to Sail obsessively. I can't stop!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...