Tuesday, September 11, 2012

RECIPE:: CROWD PLEASING ZUCCHINI BREAD

So, remember here where I showed you the insanely gigantic zucchini we got at the farmer's market?
Well, as promised, I'll be sharing some recipes with you in the next few weeks from said veggie! 
Today we'll start with my absolute favorite, zucchini bread:

 Crunchy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside. Cinnamony sweet without being sugary. Mm-mmm.
Unfortunately I cannot take credit for this recipe, it was passed down to me by a coworker when I was in college (Thanks Jenny!). She doesn't have a blog/website to link the recipe to, so I'll be sharing it with you here today on her behalf. 
Before I get ahead of myself, I've been trying to find a way to prove how huge this dang thing is. It's big enough to make 16 loaves of bread, at least. It's big enough that it's more than twice the size of your average water bottle:

Off track. Sorry. Here's the recipe (makes 2 loaves):

What you'll need:
2 bread pans
2 cups zucchini (thickly grated)
2 cups white sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup canola oil
3 eggs
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon

How to make it happen:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 and grease your bread pans.
Step 2: Mix your flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and zucchini together in a large bowl. Mix well.
Step 3: Add in your oil, eggs, and vanilla extract, and mix thoroughly. I do this just with a spatula- no hand mixer needed!
Step 4: Pour mixture evenly between two pans and bake for 40 minutes. (Stab it with a toothpick and if it comes out clean, you're good to go)
Step 5: Let. The. Bread. Cool. Hi, can you take a minute to focus with me here? LET THE DANG BREAD COOL! I know, it will smell like cinnamon heaven in your kitchen, but if you don't let the bread set & cool it'll all fall apart. Promise. Thus, Let it sit for 20 minutes or so before going along the edge of the pan with a knife, and flipping the pan over to get the bread out. 
 Slice it up!
Eat by itself or with some butter:
I'm sure it'd be great if you added nuts or raisins- but I'm a purist and like it just with zucchini!
This is a great recipe to bring into work because it pleases those who like sweets, as well as those who pretend they're eating healthy ;) 

What's your go-to dish to bring to work?
Clearly you know mine now, so share!

xo, lp


psssssssst. I am going to be over at A Creative Day as part of Eileen's Everyday series, and I'm a liiiittle excited about it! Make sure you go check it out, and look around Eileen's amazing blog for a while :) 

17 comments:

  1. I would love to make this but I can't. So I'll save it for later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never put cinnamon in my zucchini (or banana) bread, but it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off - I'm seriously in AWE of how large that zucchini is... but secondly, I love zucchini so think I'd love zucchini bread! This looks like a must try recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... that is a zucchini. Love me some zucchini bread. Thanks for the recipe love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, that looks delicious! zucchini bread is one of my favorite snacks. i will definitely have to try this recipe. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I asked Andrea with The Blonde Ambition to make me a cookbook of all her recipes today...well, guess what? I am asking the same from you. :) This looks and sounds heavenly!!!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, lady! Thanks for the blog love today:) I loved reading your feature on A Creative Day. And that is one ginormous zucchini. Can't wait to try this recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your recipe is different then mine, so I will definitely give yours a try. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. لا حاجة بعد اليوم إلى اللجوء إلى أي عامل حتى يتم التخلص من أوساخ الخزانات حيث أن شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة توفر فريق متكامل يقوم بعملية تنظيف كامل للخزان من الداخل والخارج وأيضا العمل على صيانة الأجزاء التي تتعرض إلى التلف .
    http://www.elmotahedaclean.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%B5%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%A9-%D8%AE%D8%B2%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%AC%D8%AF%D8%A9/
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بجدة
    عندما تجد صراصير منتشرة على جدان المطابخ وفي الحمامات وتشعر باللدغ أثناء الخلود إلى النوم يجب أن تتواصل مع شركة مكافحة حشرات بجدة حيث أن الشركة تتخلص خلال وقت قياسي من جميع الحشرات
    http://www.elmotahedaclean.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%85%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%AD%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%B4%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%AC%D8%AF%D8%A9/

    ReplyDelete
  10. من منا لا يرغب في عملية نقل عفش ممتازة دون أي أخطاء فبعض الفئات من المجتمع تكون في سفر وترحال دائم من محافظة إلى أخري داخل المكلة وأيضا العديد من الفنادق يقوم بافتتاح الفروع وخاصة أن مكة هي ملتقي دول العالم وبالطبع يجب أن يتم نقل العفش والأثاث من موجودات الشقق التي يتم تأجيرها أو الفنادق أو حتى الشركات بدرجة عالية من الأمان وبالطبع يتم ذلك من خلال شركة نقل عفش بمكة .
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بمكة
    عزيزي العميل يجب أن تحافظ على صحتك أنت وجميع الموجدين بداخل المنزل الذي تقيم فيه وعندما تسكن في مكة فأنت بحاجة إلى احد الخزان حتى تكون المياه دائما متوفرة في الشقق أو المنازل او الفلل أو حتى المحال التجارية حيث أن انقطاعها يسبب خسارة كبيرة وأيضا نوع من الشعور بعدم الراحة خاصة في موسم الحجاج ويجب أن يتم تنظيف تلك الخزانات جديا من الجانبين وأيضا القيام بعزلها للحفاظ على المياه بداخلها من خلال شركة تنظيف خزانات بمكة
    شركة تنظيف بالبخار بالطائف
    عملية تنظيف البخار تحافظ على جميع قطع الأثاث ومن خلال شركة تنظيف بالبخار بالطائف سوف تعمل على إطالة عمر المفروشات واقل الأسعار سوف تجدها داخل شركة تنظيف بالبخار بالطائف فبدلا من الذهاب إلى الشركات المنافسة والحصول على جودة ليست بالمطلوبة تواصل معنا حتى تحصل على الامرين معا الجودة والسعر .

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...